If you need to create new Joomla user, but for some reason can’t do it through Joomla administration, best option is using phpMyAdmin.
1. Log into phpMyAdmin (username & password is in configuration.php file, search for public $user and public $password ).
2.On top, click SQL. Change following code accordingly to your needs:
- change database to actual database name If you don’t know database name site’s using, it’s in configuration.php file, search for public $db.
- change prefix_to database’s prefix
- in this example, login name is user and password is password ( password will be stored in database as 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99. For another password, go to step 3)
For Joomla 1.7 and 2.5 also run this code:
3. About passwords: as Joomla stores passwords in MD5 format, you need to convert password in MD5. Visit MD5 Converter , write password, hit button and copy generated MD5 string.
For example, MD5 version of password is 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99
4. Congratulations, you’ve successfully added user via phpMyAdmin. You can now log into Joomla administration!