If you need to createÂ new Joomla user, but for some reason canâ€™t do it through Joomla administration, best optionÂ is using phpMyAdmin.
1. Log into phpMyAdmin (username & password is in configuration.php file,Â search for public $user and public $password ).
2.On top, click SQL. Change following code accordingly to your needs:
- change database to actual database name If you donâ€™t know database name siteâ€™s using, itâ€™s in configuration.php file, search for public $db.
- change prefix_to databaseâ€™s prefix
- in this example, login name is user and password isÂ password ( password will be stored in database as 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99. For another password, go to step 3)
For Joomla 1.7 and 2.5 also run this code:
3. About passwords: as Joomla stores passwords in MD5 format, you need to convert password in MD5. Visit MD5 Converter , write password, hit button and copy generated MD5 string.
For example, MD5 version of password is 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99
4. Congratulations, youâ€™ve successfully added user via phpMyAdmin. You can now log into Joomla administration!